The Manning+Ulster Refugee Project presents “An a Evening with Valery Lloyd-Watts”, a family-friendly concert by Canadian pianist Valery Lloyd-Watts. Ms Lloyd-Watts, an internationally acclaimed pianist and one of the world’s most influential music educators, will introduce and perform masterpieces from the classical piano repertoire. Her unique way of relating to audiences makes music come alive even for first-time listeners!
This pay-what-you-can concert is a fundraiser to help us resettle a refugee family in Toronto. Click Here for Tickets
We are also very pleased to announce that The Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson, 28th Governor-General of Canada will introduce the concert with her own reflections on why projects like ours are so important.
What about Dinner and a Concert?
Glad you asked! Two marvellous local restaurants have offered concertgoers a 15% discount on the night of the concert. Reservations at both restaurants are highly recommended, as they are extremely popular, and almost always busy!
- The Harbord Room (89 Harbord Street). This popular, intimate neighbourhood spot is well-known for chef Cory Vitiello’s casual-yet-elegant contemporary/eclectic fare, featuring the freshest ingredients, creatively prepared and presented. The bar serves up some of the best cocktails in the city, and the wine list has choices to suit anyone’s taste. The Harbord Room stays open later on Friday and Saturday nights – ideal for a post-concert bite and drink!
- Campagnolo (832 Dundas Street West). Chef Craig Harding and his team create some of the most elegant Italian cuisine this side of the Atlantic. From a Spaghetti All’Amatriciana that will make you swoon, to beautifully braised veal or roasted game, Campagnolo never disappoints. The wine list, which is made up of largely of Italian bottles not generally found around town, is superb.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Street parking is available, but limited around the concert venue. The closest Green P lot is located at 157 Beatrice Street, a 10 minute walk away. Several TTC routes run nearby the church:
- The 94 Wellesley bus route has a stop at Harbord and Manning, a 3-minute walk
- The 511 Bathurst streetcar route stops at Bathurst and Ulster, a 5 minute walk
- The 506 College streetcar stops on College and Euclid, and College and Clinton, both about a 6 minute walk
- THe church is a 10 minute walk from both Bathurst and Christie stations, on Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) of the subway.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can email us at email@example.com.
- Friday, 15 April 2016 from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM (EDT) – Add to Calendar
- The Church of St. Mary Magdalene – 477 Manning Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M6G 2V8, Canada